Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Taj!

We went to the Taj Mahal at sunset. Amazing! I love sunsets and the wonderful warm glow it produces. It warmed the marble to a gorgeous color. Just wow!


The Taj is built in quadrants that repeat. Here is one of the gates. There is another one opposite.








The centerline
beautiful inlay work. The text is Arabic. The flowers are semi precious gems. The red one glows when you put a flashlight to it.
I think Ashley is amazed :)

The mosque on one side- opposite is the guest house.
The guest house- the glow from the sunset was amazing!



Doors - I like doors like I do stairs.



The guest house again- notice the moon?



Ashley likes jumping photos.



Sunset
I was going to take a photo of Ashley taking a photo of the pigeons. However, they flew off and scared her at the same time.




No comments:

Post a Comment